What We Do
Congressman Earl Blumenauer has led the effort to support legal cannabis for adult use across the nation and continues to be at the forefront of advocating for clear and sensible drug policies, including keeping the Federal Government out of the way of states who support legalization.
This Fund will enable the Congressman through his campaign committee and leadership PAC Committee for a Livable Future to support pro-cannabis candidates for Congress and oppose those who stand in our way.
Through The Cannabis Fund, we will build the resources to educate candidates on the issues and connect them with industry leaders and advocates who can help them understand the importance of ending the war on marijuana. The Cannabis Fund will enable the Congressman to support pro-cannabis candidates, ballot measures, initiatives, and referendums. Congressman Blumenauer will stand up to the outdated prohibitionist mindset and help ensure that in 2018, we elect a pro-cannabis Congress.
What has changed
- 89% of the American electorate support legal medical marijuana. (Poll)
- 73% of Americans agree people who follow state marijuana laws should not be prosecuted under federal law. (Poll)
- A majority of Republicans support marijuana legalization. (Poll)
- By more than four to one, Americans think the regular use of tobacco outweighs the health risk of the regular use of marijuana.
- A total of 29 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico now allow for comprehensive public medical marijuana and cannabis programs. (NCSL)
- Eight states and the District of Columbia have legalized the adult use of cannabis. (Article)
- Twenty-two states and the District of Columbia have decriminalized small amounts of marijuana. (NCSL)
- The majority of police officers support legalizing marijuana for adult use (PEW)